Use MyDogs to apply for:
- one or more new Dog Licences (create a new account, or add a new dog to an existing account)
- a replacement dog tag
- a spay/neuter reduction fee to an existing Dog Licence account
- the removal/cancellation of one or more dogs from your account
**If you are paying for a Dog Licence Renewal, please do so through your MyCity profile, or visit MyPayments.
To apply through MyDogs, you must:
- live within City of Red Deer limits
- have a MyCity profile
Why do I need to register my dog?
- A valid licence (tag) on your dog’s collar is the fastest way to contact you if your dog is lost
- A responsible pet owner not only looks after their pet’s health and wellness, but makes sure their pet is a positive addition to the community
- It is a requirement of the City’s Dog Bylaw 3429/2009.
- Funds the Spay/Neuter Program
- Allows for more accurate statistical information to help with funding
- Provides resources to adopt unclaimed dogs
- Licences are valid from January 1st to December 31st of each year and are a flat fee at any point of the year when you obtain your dog tag
- There is a maximum of three dogs per dwelling unit
- Alterations to the account, including contact information or address changes, must be made in writing by emailing email@example.com or completing the Change of Address form.
- Review Responsible Pet Ownership
MyDogs accepts Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard, and Mastercard Debit. All amounts are in Canadian dollars. All payments are non-refundable.