MyLicence provides a fast and convenient way to apply for a City of Red Deer Business Licence. Follow the step-by-step application process to apply. In some cases, applicants may receive their licence immediately and you can then print your licence from the receipt page, or later through your MyCity account.
MyLicence allows anyone to apply for a:
- Resident Business Licence.
- Non Resident Business Licence.
- Resident Short-Term Business Licence.
- Non Resident Short-Term Business Licence.
Please see www.reddeer.ca/licensing to find the details on all Business Licence requirements.
*NOTE: Cannabis Retail, Mobile Supervised Consumption Services Unit and Not for Profit Business Licences cannot be applied for through MyLicence. Visit our website at www.reddeer.ca/licensing or contact Licensing at 403-342-8182 or email@example.com.
When is a Business Licence required?
A Business Licence is required for any person(s) that carries on or operates a business in Red Deer. This includes:
- Resident businesses, operating in Red Deer.
- Non-resident businesses, operating in Red Deer.
- If there is a change of business legal and/or operating name.
- If there is a change of business ownership.
What do I need to use MyLicence?
In order to make use of our online licensing program you will need:
- A MyCity account.
- A valid Visa, MasterCard or bank account (Interac-Debit).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Businesses that operate under a registered business name are required to provide registration documentation issued by Corporate Registries. Examples are:
- Registration Statement.
- Certificate of Incorporation.
- Articles of Incorporation.
- Gas, Plumbing, Electrical, Heating and Private Sewage Disposal System (PSDS) contractors are all required to provide a copy of their trade tickets (certification). Certificates issued out of province require interprovincial certification.
- Mobile Business Units:
- This includes the operation of food trucks, push carts, vending units, hawker/pedlar stands, etc.
- You are required to submit a schedule of all dates, times and locations you intend to operate from as part of your application. Inspections and Licensing reviews these locations. Additional permits and approvals may be required.
- If you are operating a Mobile Cooking Operation , you will require permits and inspections.
- Food Trucks also need to provide a VIN number as part of the application.
How do I create a MyCity account?
Visit www.reddeer.ca/mycity and view the step by step guide on setting up your MyCity account and accessing the MyCity login page.